Thursday, April 2, 2015

One Room Challenge {Buh Bye Ugly Garage}

I am so excited to announce that this year I will be joining in the One Room Challenge. If you are new to the series you can read all about it over at Calling It Home. The main gist is that over the course of 6 weeks you challenge yourself to makeover one space in your home and share the progress or set backs every week.

Since the 6 weeks puts us at the beginning of May and just before Belle and Peanut are on summer vacation, the garage is the perfect room to make over. I posted a awhile back my hopes for the space and the vision hasn't change all that much. I am still dreaming of this space; dreamy with the white woodwork, dark floors and chandelier.  


Now to stop daydreaming and bring things back to reality. Our biggest goal is to get everything OFF THE FLOOR!  I will admit that I have run over a bike and scooter while pulling into the garage because they were left laying on the floor. My family can attest to my common rant, "There is a place for everything; everything ought to be in its place." Now it is time to put that into action in the garage. 

Doing so means:
Deep Cleaning 
Painting entire space: walls, ceiling, floors
Transferring gardening supplies to new potting bench
Possible built in cubbies
Hanging ceiling storage
Organizing, Organizing, Organizing

If all goes as planned, we will have the space compete before summer vacation providing a designated spot for all the swim team, golf, tennis, biking, and baseball gear!!! 

I'll leave you all with a few before shots so you can truly appreciate the hot mess that is our current garage. 




11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm dying to get our garage organized, but I thinks it going to have to wait :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for some inspiration! Our garage is a disaster. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! Definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with to get things organized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see what you'll do with the space as I have never seen a garage decorated during O.R.C. before. Yay! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So excited to see someone else doing a garage too! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it will turn out beautifully, can't wait to see how it progresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, and good luck! I know it will turn out just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing how the organization comes along. It can be daunting but oh so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing your progress because I surely need inspiration to tackle my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am FOR SURE following this ORC (well, I'm going to do my best to follow them all, but this one is highlighted). I have the same problem in our garage and my husband wants me to figure out what to do with all the kid stuff lying around. (and, yes, I have also run over a child's bike... maybe more than once). I'm excited to see what you do, and maybe I'll grab some inspiration and start on our garage once my ORC bathroom is done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.