Thursday, April 16, 2015

ORC Week 3 {Best Laid Plans}

ORC week #3  is already here and sadly I don't have much to report except for the fact that the plan I posted last week is now on the cutting room floor.



Apparently there is a standard way 99% of all garages are framed out...we fall into the 1% category that does not have adequate joist reinforcement/ stud placement. As a result, our overhead storage system had to be hung in a way that dramatically reduced the hanging storage capacity. ***insert sighs***

So where does this leave us?
As I type, Hubby is patching the garage walls. His hope is to sand and paint tomorrow.
Afterwards, we will just "wing it"; reloading the garage and making organization designs on the spot. What is it they say about best laid plans?



Since I don't want this post to be all negatives, on the positive side I have held firm to my dream of the "Sports Center".  Here are a couple of my favorite inspirational images all via google image search "garage built-in".






Cross your fingers for us & hope that we have progress to report next week!!! 



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes slow progress is the best progress because it's a well thought out plan! You guys also have 3 kiddos and a pup in the mix so it's okay if it takes some time! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate it when things like that happen! But while it may not be exactly how you planned, it will still be organized and nice looking. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.