Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A "Dino"mite Celebration {Happy Name Day Bear}

Over the weekend we celebrated Bear's Name Day. He has been obsessed with dinosaurs lately, particularly the robotic giant pictured below he first discovered in the toy aisle at Target. So I scooped the beast up for a deal on amazon & Hubby, Belle, Peanut & I set to work creating a Jurassic tablescape. 


It was fun having all the extra sets of hands & ideas. Ultimately we ended up with a simple table set with burlap placemats (I just cut rectangles out of a remnant I had in my stash), orange napkins & my Threshold plates


I googled an age appropriate triceratops image & taped the cutouts to each glass.  Gray paper straw are a favorite around here & help prevent spills. Orange ikat dot fabric runs under the dino book & chalkboard bearing the traditional Name Day greeting written in Greek. 


A stash of mini toy dinosaurs came in handy, adding a playful touch to the table.




Our little guy was a little confused at first but quickly shouted, "button dino…push it" and spent the morning playing with his new best buddy. 





Eventually we sat down to enjoy veggie scramble, grapes & berries….Bear's favorite breakfast & often our lunch of choice when he & I dine solo.



Later in the day we celebrated with dessert and family. I whipped up a homemade banana cream pie in honor of Bear's favorite snack.

Bopi also celebrated….Bear is his namesake. 





This year way a little less involved than last year's celebration, but definitely much more reflective of our Baby Bear and his tastes…such a little man he is growing into. OK I'm off to work on the table skirt for the dining room buffet…I have told myself I can't put out a single Christmas decoration until that project is complete & I've only got 9 days until Turkey day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Can't wait to see the table skirt project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable party - I always love all your special details!!! Bear is adorable and looks like it was a fun celebration and what the family needed! Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.