Monday, March 18, 2013

Belle's Pink & Purple Beanie Boo Birthday




Our baby girl celebrated her 7th birthday with a fabulously frilly affair. Belle had requested a "beanie-boo party".  I decided to plan the party around Belle's favorite colors: pink & purple. Glittering lights, etherial tissue flowers, princess color palette and a sprinkling of beanie-boos made for the prefect presentation.




The party was in the afternoon so the girls nibbled on vanilla cake, rice krispie pops, brownie bites topped with bubble gum, kettle corn & pink sugar cookies. I made a tulle skirt for the dessert table by cutting 6" strips of tulle and knotting them onto elastic.





The centerpiece featured shades of pink & purple flowers that I crafted out of tissue paper. Four different colors of scrapbook paper were alternated for the placemats. On top of them I layered a pink square plate, striped purple napkin, whimsical straw & polka dot place card. Mini water bottles were wrapped with pink shimmering star ribbon.


To carry the tissue pom theme around the room, I created a number 7 out of mini poms and then attached them to the mirror with double-sided tape. Belle's gigantic beanie-boo made a great favor table centerpiece.





Once the guests arrived, they started to work crafting a custom party hat for the beanie-boo they brought along. The girls really enjoyed themselves and I was amazed at the level of detail some of them put into the project. As far as supplies go, I cut mini hats out of a piece of poster board and then had various ribbons, feathers, stickers, polka dots and markers for the girls to use to decorate.





Afterwards, we headed into the dining room for cake and sweets. The girls brought their beanie boos along each donning their newly adorned party hat.








Fourteen sugar filled girls need to burn off some energy so it was over to the family room for a rousing game of Just Dance Disney. The girls were too cute for words singing and dancing to their favorite songs.


Finally, the group tired out and Belle had the chance to open the presents that had been tempting her in the corner all afternoon. Besties B & H hung out with us the rest of the night and I would be remiss if I didn't send a huge "thank you" out to Bestie B who saved helped me during the party. Eventually, I tucked one very happy & worn out Belle into bed.


Happy 7th Birthday Princess! We love you.



Linking up to:
Wow Us Wednesday

20 comments:

  1. It was a great party! You are a professional now the way that you can pull together details in such a short amount of time, you have quite the knack for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well aren't you a sweetie….thanks again for saving me!

      Delete
  2. You are the hostess with the mostess! Your daughter's 7th b-day party indeed looked like one fit for princess!

    Happy Birthday Your Highness {curtsy deeply}!

    Thank you for sharing with the rest of the world! Always great to see creative

    minds at work. :)

    Visiting from WOW Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    Link To My Party Project This Week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo lovely in pink!!! Can you come help me decorate next February for the fundraiser in pink? Seriously. :-)

    http://blog.coconutheadsurvivalguide.com/2013/02/13/part-i---peace-love-and-chocolate-for-the-cure.aspx

    http://blog.coconutheadsurvivalguide.com/2013/02/18/princess-party.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog after my daughter (who turns 9 in May) INSISTS she "needs" a beanie boo party - and I love what you did! Thank you for the ideas and inspiration. Don't be surprised if you get a ton of copycat hits from me in the upcoming weeks. I'm your newest follower and my daughter Riley LOVES your daughter's party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica-

      So happy to have you as a follower and I'm thrilled Riley likes the party. I had no luck finding anything Beanie Boo so I'm so happy to help you plan for her big day. After the party please come back and post a link to her celebration…can't wait to see it.

      XX
      Amelia

      Delete
  5. PS - Can I ask what you gave for party favors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bag had curly straws, jelly beans & japanese erasers….as purchased from the party aisle at Target. We wanted to include a mini beanie boo but I never made it to the store in time (shame our Target doesn't carry them). The girls also took home the party hats they crafted.

      Delete
    2. I'm here again (told you I would be). I think I'm going to admire you ladies (aka copy) and do the pink/purple. I also would like to do the mini party hats - did you just craft them from paper and then decorations? I'm in the process of ordering a cake (did you make yours?) in the same color schemes. We just love your party - and blog. It's great !I'll be back!

      Delete
    3. The party hats are made from poster board. The cake is from our favorite local bakery and ended up being those colors by chance bc it was 2 days before St.Pats:-)

      Delete
  6. Dear Monograms n Mud: I really like your beanie boo party and want to due the same one for my daughter's 8th birthday! I was wondering where did you get the big dot paper rounds to decorate the beanie boo hats? what other items did they decorate them with? also where did you get the pretty beige with stars tablecloth to put on beanie boo station table? many thanks, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha-

      The rounds were just cut outs from scrapbook paper. I used a circle punch and cut out from several different colored/patterned paper.

      The girls used tissue paper, curled curling ribbon, patterned ribbon & circle cut outs to decorate the hats.

      The "tablecloth" is actually wrapping paper I found at the dollar store. I have seen similar paper (printed Kraft paper) at both target and HomeGoods.

      Thanks for stopping over. If you have any other questions just let me know. Have a great party!!!

      Delete
  7. Love this! I did have a question about the hats...how did you make them and out of what material? Thank you for posting all these wonderful ideas. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello-

      I found a party hat template online & printed it out at a reduced size. Then I used it to trace & cut out hats from a piece of poster board. I was able to make all the hats out of one piece poster board.

      Amelia

      Delete
  8. Belle's gigantic beanie-boo made a great favor table centerpiece. ... beaniebooslarge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting after seeing your comment on Dixie Delights--I love this sweet party and looking forward to looking around your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.