Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Home Tour { 2013 }

Tis the Season Gals! (and the 3 guys who read this blog: Hubby, Bopi & Theo N) 
I am super proud of the fact that this year I managed to deck the halls using almost everything in my stash; only exception was a bag of pine cones & a few dollar store reindeer ornaments. So crank up the Christmas music and come on in.

Outside, Hubby convinced me to hang the red berry wreathes we had from our old house. I was afraid that the scale would be too small for this house, but hanging them with a wide red velvet ribbon helps beef them up. I debated adding a bow…any thoughts?


Over the front door we went with artificial garland. Last year I hung real, but since I have a plethora of garland in my Christmas arsenal I decided to use what I have on hand. I ran several strands of white lights through the greenery for a twilight twinkle. In addition, a white & red berry ribbon runs throughout the garland helping to break up the green and tie in the red berry wreathes.


The foyer staircase is adorned with the same lit garland as the front door. After last year's fresh garland dried up almost instantly, I knew we would be switching back to artificial from here on out. Since Christmas decorations stay up through Epiphany, longevity is a necessity. 



The foyer table displays pictures of Christmases past and a sweet reminder of how much our family has grown. The small 4x4 frame is awaiting this year's Santa picture…it's a doozy.



On to the living room where you'll find touches of silver, gold & white for a sophisticated and elegant holiday display. With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays this room still feels festive, but with a much needed element of serenity.






This is the our first year having a tree in the living room. In our old house I would put up two trees; one artificial and the other real. The great thing about two trees is that we easily sort gifts by placing those for our immediate family under the family room tree while gifts for extended family and friends are displayed under the living room tree.


Speaking of the family room,  Red + White = Christmas Delight in the den. This room is all about the youthful wonderment of Christmas. Red velvet, white fur trim & reindeer galore keep the littles excited for the big day.




I am in love with the festive little Rudolph pillow I found on Joss & Main.


Most importantly though, is our constant reminder of exactly who Christmas is all about. The nativity set below is a Christmas gift from my aunt who just passed and will forever be a part of our annual decor (my other set is porcelain and not very child friendly). The chalkboard art is compliments of Belle and I love seeing her put her decorating touch on the house.



As for the rest of the kitchen, windows don red berry wreathes while the counters display family keepsakes like my childhood nutcracker and collectible nativity plates from my Godmother. 








And since it is the season for entertaining, the powder room was sure to receive a healthy dose of Christmas cheer.



Last but certainly not least, each of the littles' rooms twinkle each night as they snug up for their long winter naps.


From our home to yours, Merry Christmas!


Linking Up:

8 comments:

  1. Lovely details! The house looks amazing! I love the flowers throughout too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks beautiful! Especially love your family room. Your fireplace is gorgeous and with the tree it looks so cozy. Love the plaid flannel sheets…I think my boys have the same one! Merry Christmas! ~Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks lovely! If I may ask, where did you get those three plates of the Holy Family? They are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty, your family room is my favorite! :) We do the same thing with the two trees, sorting out the gifts! It certainly makes it easier on Christmas morning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at our Holiday Link up! Kim @ Exquisitely Unremarkable

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy your family room and the nativity is so sweet. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.