Monday, May 20, 2013

Turning Green


On Mother's Day, Belle gifted me a hand painted pot & flower seeds. We set to work planting the seeds and dreaming up the beautiful flowers that would spring forth. Truth be told, I was quite certain all we would end up with would be the same sad looking pile of dirt. Then last night when I went out to water look what I found.


I was so excited I had to restrain myself from running upstairs and waking Belle from her sleep. You see I haven't been able to grow anything from a seed (despite countless efforts) since I was Belle's age & sprouted a lima bean in class. To this day I vividly remember the ziplock baggie, wet paper towel & spouted bean that made up my first attempt at gardening. I also recall the great sense of accomplishment I felt….a feeling that it took nearly 30 years to duplicate. I am hoping this is a foreshadowing of things to come. Perhaps our garden will actually yield veggies this year…perhaps:-) 

How about you? Do you grow flowers or veggies from seed? Or perhaps you are in PKA (Plant Killers Anonymous)? Let me know which end of the spectrum you fall on.

1 comment:

  1. I TRY to grow veggies from seed - starting them in the window of course. How they will turn out...well, that remains to be seen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.