Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Just One of Them Days

Anyone else remember Monica? I was a fan…even had the cassette single (remember those days!?!) Well yesterday folks was truly "One of Them Days".

It began at 1:15 am as Peanut came to me burning hot with a fever of 103. I dug the motrin out of the "Kiddie medicine" cabinet, coaxed him into chewing one and a half tablets and laid him to sleep in our bed. Then I made my way into his room & managed to catch a few hours rest.

When Peanut came trotting into Belle's room later that morning I assumed his fever had broke & that was the cause of his wet clothing. Wishful thinking, turns out poor thing had an accident. No biggie on a normal occasion, his bed is fully protected, but I suddenly remembered he was asleep in my bed….ugh. Baking soda works wonders on removing odor & stains from a mattress…or so I tell myself.



The morning quickly passes with laundry, bathes & school work. Lunch was now upon us. The little love dining al fresco & are even bigger fans of carrying everything from the kitchen to the deck. Just as we were ready to sit down, I hear the distinct, "Uh-Oh" come from the kitchen & find this:


As the kiddies sat on the deck, I wipe chocolate milk from the floor careful to get every last splatter off the island trim. Then I mop, one of my least favorite chores, because chocolate milk is quite sticky even when put to the bounty challenge.

Thinking that the milk & bed incidents were it for the day, I come outside to discover my sweet baby had shoved his entire lunch (partly regurgitated) through the holes in the table and onto the deck floor. And at exactly that moment, the skies parted and it began to rain….back inside I cart 4 meals, a toddler in a highchair, a bowl of grapes, strawberries and 4 cups.



Needing a reward I opt to swap my lunch, which is now wet, for my traditional afternoon treat.  I head to make myself a cappuccino only to discover we are out of milk! Needing the caffeine rush, I drink it black and hunker down for whatever else the day has in store.


Surprisingly the afternoon passes without a major causality…or so I thought until I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Only the second time I had worn this top.


But seriously how could I be mad the culprit?


Today has gone smoother thankfully….VBS for Belle & a trip to the doctor for Peanut. I think every Mom has had "One Of Them Days", but fingers crossed they are few and far between. Wouldn't trade these days for the world.

3 comments:

  1. Today is a new day! Hopefully it is also a better day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracks me up. Thanks for sharing and know that WE all have just one of them days every once in a while! (newest follower via bloglovin!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you as a follower Heather and I take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one out there who has days like this:)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.