Monday, June 24, 2013

Welcome Summer


Summer is finally here!!!!

On Friday morning I packed up the kiddies and we journeyed over to meet Hubby at the lake. It was the first time I ever had a solo "long distance"car trip with all 3 of them and I'm happy to report it went off without a hitch. We didn't have to stop once during our 3 hour excursion!

Upon arrival, we spent the day lounging in the water, tubing & swimming.






On Saturday, Hubby & Bopi put the waver runner in the water much to the littles' delight. If Belle wasn't out on the water she was making her way around the cottage looking for someone to take her on the waver runner…she is obsessed, just like her daddy!


Sunday, Theo N came & performed his uncle duties playing with and entertaining Belle & Peanut. 
He introduced Bocce ball to Peanut & the lil guy is hooked. I know that we will be playing a lot of this summer.



All of us enjoyed the relaxing weekend away, except for poor Hubby. During the course of the weekend his foot was run over while launching the waver runner; he discovered a wasps nest while docking said waver runner (along with its angry inhabitants); and had the wave runner hood crash onto the back of his head while he worked on the fuel line. My poor, poor Hubby. He appears to have escaped a concussion, but will see the doctor in a few minutes at my insistence. I'm no longer sure if Hubby's love affair with the water is still intact….it might take a bit of coaxing to get him there over the fourth:-) Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health from the doctor.

Hope you all are enjoying the official start to summer!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope that your Hubby is fine. What a traumatic weekend for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is nursing a minor concussion…thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I hope he is ok! I hate it when things like that happen when everyone is having such a great time! It looks like you had an awesome time besides that though! Take care!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.