Friday, March 29, 2013

Celebrating March 25th

This prior Sunday, Belle & Peanut had their Greek School Independence Day program after church. They donned traditional Greek costumes (Hubby wore that same exact outfit as Peanut many moons ago) and put on a fabulous show.  



They began the program with songs.



Then the older students danced the traditional kalamatiano and tsamiko



Belle delivered her memorized poem verse perfectly. She was nervous about getting up in front of the crowd, but shined when it was show time. 


Then it was Peanut's turn to recite a classic Greek nursery rhyme: My Little Shining Moon. During the Turkish occupation of Greece, children were not allowed to attend school so at night they would gather in the churches for lessons. This poem talks about the moon lighting the children's path to school.



Afterwards it was back to singing and Peanut really got into the song. 



These little one's stole the show & had the whole audience in smiles. I for one was grinning from ear to ear.

The program wrapped up with a few more dances from the older students while the little ones kept the beat. 


Both Hubby & I spent the better part of a decade performing these same dances, it is hard to believe we are now the parents. In the blink of an eye all three of my babies will be on stage. I better start remembering the steps to all those dances I learned years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hеllo thеre! Do уou uѕе Twіtter?
    I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm absolutеly enjoying your blog anԁ
    look fоrwarԁ to new posts.

    my blog; augen lasern

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.