Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dr. Seuss' Birthday Party

On Friday night, we tucked the kiddies in with the promise of a big surprise in the morning. So as you can imagine, bright and early Saturday morning Belle was at my bedside ready to start the day. When we rounded the corner to the kitchen she was greeted by a Seussical explosion.



seuss birthday party green eggs table

In commemoration of the day, we dined on Green Eggs & Ham, Bacon (a rarity & real treat in this house), Mini-Pancake Stacks, and Yogurt parfaits.

birthday

This was an easy party to whip together.  I dug the Seuss props out from a board game, the straws & table runner were left over from Bear's party and the swizzle sticks I bought at Target after Christmas for 90% off. I used 12x12 scrapbook paper for the place mats; which were a last minute purchase at Michaels on Friday night for a whooping 25 cents a piece. The final addition was a selection of Seuss classics from our collection.

sues theme decorations birthday


 I was happy to see that the reading bug bit Belle and she took it upon herself to entertain her brother's with Dr. Seuss' lyrical rhymes.



And not to be outdone by his sister, Bear joined in the festivities with his 
impromptu Cindy-Lou-Who hair do.


Sadly, Peanut came down with an ear infection induced high fever for the remainder of the weekend so the rest of our plans were put on hold.  While I snuggled him on the couch I called to mind this fitting quote:

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss and Happy Monday Everyone! 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

      Delete
  2. You are creating some really wonderful memories for your family. It's like an adventure at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. You are the best Mom ever. I love it! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thrilled to have you as a follower:-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.