Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Trimmings

Seeing as how most of you will be celebrating Easter on Sunday (we celebrate on May 5th according to our church's calendar) here is a quick peek at the eggcellent pretties gracing our home.

In the kitchen, a pair of egg topiaries flank a cabbage leaf bunny bowl filled with easter eggs.


A smaller cabbage and bunny bowl is displayed on the island. 



And this sweet tray rounds out the seasonal decor.


In the dining room, (currently housing the mudroom refugees hence the close up pic) each place setting features a delicate bird's nest.


My favorite wooden bunny is at home on foyer table aside another set of egg topiaries, bird's nest & past Easter photos of the kiddies. (Why yes said table use to reside in the dining room, but I've been playing musical furniture lately). 





Last but certainly not least, the burlap wreath I made for the living room now adorns our front door. The simple addition of a birds nest is a classic, Spring touch. I also love how the nest holds three eggs; 
I think of them as symbols of the Trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  In the past, we have hung easter eggs on the two bushes that flank our driveway, but since it has been so cold this year I've yet to make it out there. 




Wishing you all a Blessed Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.