Friday, January 25, 2013

DIY Valentine Mailbox Personalization


So in keeping with my DIY resolution (you can read all about that here), I opted to personalize the kiddo's Valentine's mailboxes myself. On top of saving some money, I would be guaranteed that the personalization would be correct and centered.




Sadly Ladies and Hubby, ( I'm pretty sure he is the only gentleman who peruses these pages)  I've spent a small fortune on personalization at Pottery Barn Kids. Everything from monogrammed baby clothing, to bedding, to housewares and each time it has either been misspelled or completely off center. So if you want something done right, DIY!

I danced my fingers over to picmonkey.com and created these sweet little name tags.


The process when something like this:
  1. Create a collage and paint the background your choice of colors. Save
  2. Return to homepage & click Edit Picture
  3. Upload the collage you just created
  4. Select overlays (5th option on lefthand side) and the heart design
  5. Add name via the Text tab (4th option)
  6. Save
  7. Print

So in total it cost me 19 cents to personalize each of my little cupid's mailboxes. Sure beats the $21.00 PBK wanted to charge.

PBK personalization



















Anyone else used pic monkey.com lately to do something other than edit photos?

Oh, and the mailboxes are on sale at PBK for $14.99 plus free shipping. Not sure how long that will last.

Linking up to Metamorphosis Monday

4 comments:

  1. I love picmonkey but have never done anything like this, so I pinned it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to make stationary for the "love notes" that will go in the box. I'll be sure to post about it. Thanks for stopping over Patti!

      Delete
  2. I have never used piemonkey.com but I am going to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I've been dying to buy those mail boxes for ages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.