Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Mantel

With Christmas packed away, I decided to switch up the family room mantel a bit. The result is a little stark for me, but Hubby loves the simplicity. Compromise folks.


The mantel features, a large pear under a glass dome, vase with birch branches, stacked books with a candle, and my beloved stone horse.


A shot of the whole fireplace. I know, still no screen…I need to get on that.



I think every member of my family makes fun of this horse but I absolutely love him…so regal!


The birch branches are a new addition. I really like the height & volume they bring to the space. 


This mirror rocks. Another Home Good's score. I found it for $50 a few days after I was window shopping at Arhaus with a girlfriend & found nearly an identical mirror for $500….that's right scored mine for 90% less!!! Plus it reflects the new chandelier perfectly.


So that is our mantel…not sure how long it will stay this way, but for now it suits the season perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.