Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pearlescent Progress

The basement projects are slow to take off. An emergency trip to the hospital for Theo N (accompanied by the diagnosis of appendicitis) earlier in the week put all sewing on hold. Thankfully, the surgery went well and he is now home resting comfortably. 

So today the sewing marathon resumes. I mentioned in an earlier post that I haven't touched a sewing machine since middle school. YiaYia has been indulgent of my willingness to help and resulting lag time. I owe you one Mom!

Fear not, in case you were worried that the basement has turned into a little sweatshop. Here's a sneak peak of one of my projects for the room. I am lucky enough to be working with these beauties.


Oyster shells are design nirvana. The perfect combination of lustrous cream, hints of blue, deep grey-brown center wrapped up in a beige shell. In fact, they encapsulate my whole house color palette. 

Source
And now I am lusting after one of these beauties. I had them on my Christmas list, but no luck…so hint, hint Hubby. Valentine's Day is around the corner.


Anyone else adore a neutral color palette with a little bling thrown in? Seriously, what's not to love? And pearls…I wear either black or white daily. Just the kind of girl I am.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.