Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Tree Pizza & Wreath Salad: Family Night Christmas Edition 2012



Every Friday night is Family night in the B house. We make pizza from scratch and play kinect.
This past Friday we had Family night Christmas style.

Green pepper strips, sliced black olives, turkey pepperoni & dough star decorate our tree.

For the first time I attempted Christmas tree pizza and I was pretty pleased with the results.
I rolled out the homemade dough as usual and then used the pizza cutter to cut out the shape of a tree. The dough stretched a little when placing it onto the pan (note: I bake it on parchment paper for easy tansfer), but otherwise it was a simple process.
While we waited for the pizza to cook, we enjoyed our Christmas wreath salads. The bow is made from shaved carrot strips.



See what I mean by easy transfer…just lifted the whole pizza right off the pan.

I know I'm partial, but seriously who would have a great time with these two as your dinner companions.


Bear was there too, but poor little guy was coming down with an ear infection.

For dessert, we kept on with the Christmas color theme and had fresh strawberries & cream.







After dinner, we changed into pajamas, got some popcorn and snuggled up to watch Santa Paws2.

Yep--Peanut got the wise owl bowl for some stellar writing worksheets. To learn more about the
owl bowl click here)

I love this picture of all three of my babies watching a movie together. 

Over all, it was a great way to put a festive spin on a family tradition. I'd love to hear your family traditions, holiday or everyday.


Linking up at Savy Southern Style





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.