Friday, December 14, 2012

Advent House: Christmas Cards for Soldiers

This is our 5th year doing an Advent house and in the past it has always contained small gifts for our kids. This year Hubby & I decided that we wanted to also include Advent activities that require the kids to gift to others.  One way was to have them each make a Christmas card for my first cousin who was deployed overseas a few months back. She left behind a husband & 2 young sons to go serve our nation.


I hope these small tokens of love & appreciation put a smile on her face.  Her sacrifice & selflessness blows my mind.  I got teary eyed leaving my babies to go to Canada for the weekend..deployment would send my over the edge. So to her & all our soldiers I wish God's blessings this Christmas and always. Ok, sorry for getting all mushy on you..back to the pictures.


I filled the kitchen table with craft supplies and let the kiddos go to town.


We used Christmas Cookie Cutters as stencils.




Belle can not complete any art project without the use of glitter :0)


Drying the glitter.


Peanut was very into his design.







Peanut's snowman


Belle's winter wonderland

I can't believe it is already the middle of December and Christmas is around the corner. Do you have a Holiday filled weekend planned? Perhaps, you can squeeze in a quick thank you note to a past or present service member. It only takes a moment, but means so much. Have a good one…I'll be back tomorrow with some of our Christmas goings & doings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.