Sunday, December 30, 2012

Quick 'n Easy New Year's Decor


This banner hangs over the china cabinet in the dining room.

I wanted to share our simple, easy New Year's decorations for those of you who might be looking for last minute inspiration. Almost everything I used I had on hand or quickly printed off on the computer.

On the kitchen table I filled glass pedestal cloches with gold & silver raffia purchased at the Dollar store. I then printed out the year 2013 on a sheet of paper, cut out each individual number and placed it on top of the raffia. It is an easy festive touch.







After I got the kiddos to bed, I came back and trimmed the excess raffia/ tinsel that was hanging out the sides of the domes….much better.



The dining room is ready for our New Year's lunch (read more here). It is going to be a tight squeeze as the table fits 8 comfortably & we will be a party of 10. I am making an effort to use the dining room as much as possible in hopes of convincing Hubby that we need a new dining table (I dream of a set that can sit at least 12). Over a cream & gold lattice tablecloth, I layered my china, monogrammed salad plates (for our Vasilopita cutting), white napkins, silver & crystal. Topped off with a champagne station and white roses, the room is sparkling & fresh….the perfect way to begin a new year.



The tray in the center will hold our Vasilopita.
While setting the table, I resolved to use my china, crystal & silver more often.
Looking at a it arranged on the table brings me so much joy.
This place setting is for Peanut…the shot glass will double as his mini champagne flute.
Champagne station: white roses are my favorite.

Champagne jello shots are chilling in the fridge, I need to pick up around here & then I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is going to be one jam packed day…can't believe it is the end of 2012!!

Linking up to: Jennifer Rizzo and Its Overflowing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.